Gratitude List Autumn 2018
Every three months or so I do a gratitude list in order to try and cultivate gratitude, stem my desire for novelty, and seek tranquility by training myself to want what I already have. I usually write these in a notebook, but I am of the web and thought it would be cute to publish it as a blog post that I update every day.
- A is for Autumn. Crisp outside, the right levels of light, and a favourite season of mine
- B is for Bees. I hope we can save them, as they give us honey and mead.
- C is for Chickpeas. Delicious, nutritious, and straight from the Earth
- D is for Dogs. They are all good boys, and I'm glad we evolved together.
- E is for Eggs. For me, they're pretty much the perfect food
- F is for Fruit. Ensuring I get nutrients along with my sweet fix
- G is for Games, as ways of bringing play into my life
- H is for Houseplants. Givers of oxygen, calmers of my mind.
- I is for International Worker Cooperation. The solution to global capitalism.
- J is for Jars. Allowing me to reuse them and store things in style.
- K is for Kin. Through experience, I am glad of my friends and kin for making possible all I have achieved.
- L is for LineageOS. You help me run a phone free from Google.
- M is for Mentors. Teaching and guiding me.
- N is for Novels. One of my favourite mediums for stories.
- O is for Oranges and their variants. Always delicious and about as sweet as I'll go.
- P is for (my) Pull-up bar. Temple and teacher, it forges me anew constantly.
- Q is for Quiet, and for the ability to find moments of it everyday.
- R is for (the) Red Flag. The People's Flag. The Workers' Flag. Uniting us in struggle.
- S is for Stories. The building block of society, I adore stories of all kind.
- T is for Tea. Like a blankie for your insides, it solves all problems.
- U is for Unity. Together we may move mountains.
- V is for Vegetables. Like, they're literally free food from the ground.
- W is for Water Bottles. Specifically the steel ones; helping me stay hydrated without waste.
- X is a tough one. Not much I know begins with X. I guess I'm thankful for X-Rays in Medicine. I'm thankful that I'm well but if I ever get sick, I'm sure they'll help.
- Y is for (my) yacht. A gorgeous little thing that I hope to give proper attention to soon.
- Z is for Zotero. You're open source, flexible with me, and do your job well.
2018-11-03T10:21:15+00:00 Last Modified: 03 Nov 2018, 10:21